Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Homie and Loobster Headed into the Chicago Basin


Homie and Loobster boarded the train in Silverton today at 2:45 p.m. It's just an hour to Needleton where they'll get off and hike 6.5 miles and 2600 vertical feet into the Chicago Basin. Homie will start the clock tomorrow at 5:15 a.m. The weather is looking a bit better here. It is overcast and has rained some, but not very hard and no electrical activity. Hopefully that continues and improves, but we'll see. I shot a couple more photos of the train here.

I'm hanging out in the Triangle Motel for the night, where I have wifi and my last comfortable bed for the next three nights. I went for a short walk up the Mt. Kendall road.

I pick up Homie at the train station tomorrow at 12:30 and we head to the Wilson group. Then to Sneffels, for his eighth 14er in the first day. Eight? You might wonder. He's adding in North Eolus to Eolus, Windom, and Sunlight in the Basin and then doing El Diente, Mt. Wilson, and Wilson Peak.

No comments:

Post a Comment