Thursday, December 1, 2011

Green

From Gregory TH, Amph, First Access, NE Ridge, Greenman, Green; down West Ridge, Ranger, Gregory.

Started at 6:41 am. With Bill W, Tony K, Scott J. Got the first significant snowfall in some time overnight. Had to park in the dirt pullout along Baseline since the Gregory gate was closed. A bit after I pulled in, I saw Tony and Scott cruise by on the road. I figured they'd just head on up. When Bill arrived, we jogged up the road to the trailhead to find they had waited quite a while and were just starting up.

Tony led the way up Amph, then his shortcut of Saddle Rock, then up the First Access to the NE Ridge, and Greenman to the top. I stopped to put on Microspikes on the 1st Access as I was slipping around quite a bit.

Running down Ranger was a blast in the fresh snow. The ice on the top switchback was now hidden, so that section was a bit "fun". Had to adjust my Microspikes several times on the run down as they kept twisting off the front of my shoes.

0:00 - Gregory TH
9:13 - Amph/Saddle Rock
39:29 - NE Ridge/Greenman
51:58 - Green summit
54:06 - started down
1:23:10 - Gregory TH

Crosslite2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment