From Gregory TH, Amph, Saddle Rock, Greenman, Green; down the same.
Started at 6:19 pm. Feeling fresh, I went into this hoping to set a PR. So I went out hard. I know better than to go out too hard, but I did it anyway. Fast for me up Amph, but I was hurting at the top, and I just slowed from there on. Legs felt OK, but I was breathing super-hard and not making good time. I'm wondering if nearly two weeks at lower elevation affected me.
After topping out, I looked around for lady bugs. They're all on one tree and nowhere near as thick as a couple years ago.
Was all over the place on the descent. Walked a fair bit. Jogged some easy. Tried to run hard a few times but felt like my heart rate skyrocketed and my legs were weak.
Very disappointing run. Had confidence going into Pikes, but this killed it.
0:00 - Gregory TH
7:24 - Amph/Saddle Rock
22:13 - Saddle Rock/Greenman
41:23 - Green summit
48:13 - started down
1:17:45 - Gregory TH
HokaStinson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
John - one day makes NO difference. You had an off day and went at the hill in a crazy ass way. Chalk it up to a good workout, learn not to go at the Ws hard and carry the confidence that you have earned into Pikes.
ReplyDeleteJust be sure to go there via Arvada West.