From Gregory TH, Amph, Saddle Rock, Greenman, Green; down West Ridge, Ranger, (up) Greenman, Saddle Rock, Amph.
Started at 5:56 pm. Was trying not to put much stake into how this run went, but I hoped to restore a bit of confidence. After my demoralizing trip up Green on Friday, I started out much easier on this one.
Given my pace and effort up Amph, I figured I was going to top out Amph in around 9 minutes, so I was surprised to see 8:13. On up to Greenman, I wasn't feeling particularly strong or fast, but I guess I was moving along pretty well. On Greenman, did reasonably well keeping the run going as much as I could, but I still thought I was moving slowly. At the top of the two short switchbacks (start of the long switchback) above the log steps, I saw 36:01 and knew I could at least get under 40. Managed to run it in from there (except the last few steps before climbing the summit boulder). Not a PR, but I felt much better about this one.
Decided I needed to burn a few extra calories so ran the longer descent route, which I enjoy quite a bit. Wasn't really planning to work hard on the descent, but I just started rolling and ended up running it pretty hard the entire way. Probably not the best for my legs at this point but good for my head.
0:00 - Gregory TH
8:13 - Amph/Saddle Rock (dup split here, but I'm pretty sure I saw 8:13)
22:21 - Saddle Rock/Greenman
39:05 - Green summit
40:36 - started down
1:07:43 - Gregory TH
HokaStinson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment