With Bill W, Mark O, Tom K, Kirsten, and Peter Graf. Started at 6:35 am from South Mesa TH. Mesa, Towhee, Shadow, South Boulder; down the same. Less than an inch of new snow. Lots of dry ground below that, but some packed snow and ice hidden under the fresh. Wore Microspikes the whole way.
Felt pretty good today. Hung back with Mark until the end of Towhee. At that point, Bill, Tom, and Kirsten were already out of sight. Peter, who was behind us, passed us and moved on quickly. I hung with Mark briefly but kept jogging as Mark walked and slowly pulled away. I couldn't see any of the others up ahead on the steep hill, but I kept on jogging comfortably. I ended up catching the others not far up Shadow as they were walking. Felt good to reel them in that quickly without much effort (they may have waited?). Walked the canyon, then jogged some from the saddle to the top.
I think I could get under 1:05 right now. Might have to give it a hard effort; although, the packed trail up Green is much more appealing than the rock/ice of Shadow right now.
0:00 - South Mesa TH
18:29 - Towhee/Shadow
27:44 - Shadow/"Bridge"
1:01:36 - top of Shadow
1:09:19 - South Boulder
1:50:31 - South Mesa TH
StreakBlueB
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment