Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dirty Bismarck (aborted)

Started at 1:46 pm. From home, up Bristol, McCaslin, shortcut by the house, Singletree trail, W Coal Creek, 66th, Cowdrey Draw trail, Community Ditch, Greenbelt Plateau, Greenbelt Plateau TH.

Wanted to try out a two-bottle waist pack that I had picked up at the GoLite sale this winter. It was driving me nuts just a few steps into the run. Just don't like the bounce and having to push it down all the time.

Ran OK out to 66th, but it was a chore. Tired from yesterday, I guess. And a bit of wind out of the north. Cowdrey was an absolute mess of snow and sticky, slippery mud. Wasn't having any fun. That, combined with the waist pack annoying me, combined with the fact that I was going to be later than I told Lori I'd be...I called for a ride. Ran hard on Greenbelt Plateau, after pulling off the waist pack, probably moving more quickly because I had a tail wind.

0:00 - home
15:20 - gate at Singletree trail
48:41 - gate at Cowdrey Draw trail
1:24:18 - finished at Greenbelt Plateau TH

StreakOrangeB

No comments:

Post a Comment