Thursday, February 9, 2012

Green (descent PR)

From Gregory TH, Amph, Saddle Rock, Greenman, Green; down the same.

Started at 6:43 am. Felt like I worked pretty hard on the ascent, but not a great time to show for it.

I was really itching to put in a hard effort on the descent, though. Conditions were about as good as they get. Having been off the mountain for such a long time, though, I didn't think I'd have a PR in my legs.

I took things somewhat cautiously for the first minute or so, as I didn't want to step off the narrow track on the upper switchbacks. From then on, it was all out. Had a great run with hardly any missteps, and I probably made this one hurt a bit more than my previous PR.

15:37 descent, 8 seconds faster than on 12/26/2011.

0:00 - Gregory TH
9:55 - Amph/Saddle Rock
27:15 - Saddle Rock/Greenman
49:17 - Green summit
51:32 - started down
1:07:09 - Gregory TH

StreakOrangeA

5 comments:

  1. Next time you think you might attempt a PR descent, put out the word. I want to watch what that looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, was that you that I nearly bowled over descending Saddle Rock on Monday morning? I thought so, but I wasn't sure. Or are you still taking it easy on the knee?

    I don't generally plan these PR efforts. It usually just depends on how I'm feeling.

    I managed a new PR of 15:27 this morning. Starting down, I wasn't even planning to push for a PR. In fact, the effort felt more like a 16-17 (ie, not all out), so I was pretty surprised at my time.

    After that, I was thinking to shoot for sub-15, maybe tomorrow morning. Of course, I'll end up feeling like a slug if I plan on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah...that was me. I was on a plan last night, and for some reason it popped into my head that it was you on Green that morning. I had my head in NPR on the electronic device and was not paying much attention to what was above me.

    Yeah, still taking it easy, trying to let the ITBS go away (looking good, right now). So, I was hiking up that day.

    Hope to see you out there again soon.

    ReplyDelete