From Gregory TH, Amph, Saddle Rock, to the "lookout over Boulder"; down the same.
Mia hadn't hiked up Green from the bottom yet, but I figured she'd manage it just fine. I'd thought about taking her up many times throughout the year, and she was enthusiastic about heading up this day.
Mia started out great and was cruising up Amph. I encouraged her to take it easy and slow down a few times, as she even jogged a couple of short sections. Heck, many days I don't jog any of Amph. Anyway, I was impressed with how she did up Amph, and we took a short break at the top.
Moving on, things slowed down quickly. Her motivation had waned. She was bummed because she didn't want to disappoint me, but she didn't want to go on. We pressed on to the rock outcropping that provides the great view of Boulder and took a break there. Ate a bunch of snacks and decided to head down. While we were there, two of Mia's former preschool teachers, Cecilia and Laura, came hiking up and recognized Mia immediately. We enjoyed chatting with them for a few minutes.
On the way down, we stopped at the lower rock outcropping on the Saddle Rock trail and hung out there for a while in the sun.
We went swimming right after hiking, then went to Zoo Lights in the evening. Mia still had plenty of energy for those activities. Just need to figure out how to keep her motivated on these hikes.
0:00 - Gregory TH
19:58 - Amph/Saddle Rock
55:57 - "lookout over Boulder"
2:13:54 - Gregory TH
StreakOrangeC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment