Friday, June 18, 2010

Green (PR), Flagstaff

From Gregory TH, Amph, Saddle Rock, Greenman, Green; down West Ridge, Ranger, Realization Point TH, Ute, off trail to Flagstaff summit; Flagstaff, Crown Rock, Gregory.

Started at 6:38 am. Still didn't get caught up on sleep, but I felt much, much better out of the gate this morning. So, when I got to Amph/Saddle Rock in decent time, I thought I'd see what I could do compared to last week's "soft" PR (soft because it included the time that JV was buckled over in pain). Knew the time at Saddle Rock/Greenman was good so tried to not let up. Kept on the gas pretty hard all the way up, alternating running and hiking as usual. Knew I had the PR through the final switchbacks. 38:38!

Needless to say, this PR was very satisfying. Kraig K had sown the seed for sub-39 back on March 2nd. I thought that would be a stretch, but perhaps a nice goal to shoot for. After this morning, I'm thinking I could get under 38 on the right day.

Took it easy down Ranger and over to Flagstaff. Ran into Tony K and Scott J jogging up Ranger. Felt really clumsy on the downhills this morning.

PR by 58 seconds. Previous "soft" PR was 39:36 on 6/9/10. I'd set a PR of 41:32 on 6/15/09, just over a year ago.

0:00 - Gregory TH
8:09 - Amph/Saddle Rock
21:42 - Saddle Rock/Greenman
38:38 - Green summit (PR!)
45:35 - started down
1:10:53 - Flagstaff summit
1:28:22 - Gregory TH

MountainMasochistA

1 comment:

  1. Gratz! Amazing!

    Just think what you could do with a pacer and if you trained specifically for this hill (and you tapered). Probably go sub 35.

    Only in Boulder would you meet two world-class ultra runners on a casual morning outing. Lol.

    You are SO FIT right now. You'll tear up HR this year, Homie!

    ReplyDelete