South Boulder, Bear, Green, Flagstaff, Red Rocks, Sanitas, Red Rocks, Flagstaff, Green, Bear, South Boulder
From South Mesa TH, Mesa, Towhee, Shadow, South Boulder; over to Bear; down Bear West Ridge, Green-Bear, Green West Ridge, Green; down Green West Ridge, Ranger, Realization Point TH, Ute, off trail to Flagstaff summit; down Flagstaff to Panorama Point, View Point to Eben G. Fine, Red Rocks trail, Red Rocks; down Red Rocks trail, up south ridge trail to Sanitas; back the same.
Started at 6:45 am. Pretty tired legs from yesterday's run as I started out. And it was HOT! I ended up downing a bottle by the time I got to the bottom of Shadow Canyon. I knew I was going to need to stay ahead on hydration on this day. Refilled the bottle at the bottom of Shadow. Pokey time up South Boulder. Over to Bear. Over to Green, stopping to fill a bottle at Bear Creek. Up Green, passing Tony K on his way down the West Ridge. Coming back down, I ran into George B so stopped to catch up with him for a few minutes. Over to Flagstaff and down to Eben G. Fine. Filled a bottle here. Then up to Red Rocks. Screwed up and climbed to the southwest summit first, then over to the highest point. Over to Sanitas, where I tried to put in a decent effort, but was, of course, slow.
And return. Filled 2 bottles at Eben G. Fine and 1 at Bear Creek. Felt OK until I neared Bear. Bonked a bit as I hadn't eaten in a while. Ran into Dan B on the summit of Bear so took the opportunity to sit down and chat for a few. Couldn't really manage much of a run down Shadow. Legs weren't sore, but they didn't want to move quickly. Feet were aching. Glad when I finished this run.
Ate 3 packages of Clif Shot Bloks, 1 Ensure, 1 cup of peaches, couple handfuls of mixed nuts, 7 S-Caps, 1 Nuun. Think I drank 8 20 oz bottles.
0:00 - South Mesa TH
20:53 - Towhee/Shadow
33:34 - Shadow/Bridge
1:09:26 - top of Shadow
1:18:29 - South Boulder (stopped to chat with another runner in here)
1:30:43 - Bear
(dup) - Green (think I remember seeing 2:16ish somewhere nearing the summit)
2:48:15 - Flagstaff
3:34:54 - Red Rocks (split taken a couple minutes late)
3:38:18 - starting up Sanitas
4:05:57 - Sanitas (27:39)
4:32:48 - Red Rocks (split taken a minute or so late)
5:40:21 - Flagstaff
6:22:08 - Ranger/West Ridge
6:28:36 - Green
7:33:17 - Bear
7:57:47 - South Boulder
8:55:38 - South Mesa TH
StreakOrangeB
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Impressive outing! Well done.
ReplyDeleteJRP
Damn, you beat me to the double. Nice work!
ReplyDeleteI think this is a DSKT FKT. Agree?
ReplyDelete