From Gregory TH, Gregory, Ranger, West Ridge, Green; down Greenman, Saddle Rock, Amphitheater.
Started at 6:23 am. Decided to check out Gregory/Ranger since I hadn't been up that way in a while. Started without Microspikes, although they would've been useful from the start...for a minute or so. Put them on just before the bridge that you drop down to. Still some dry sections above there. Fair bit of ice also. Didn't really care for the conditions of Gregory. Was also thinking this route would give me more of a run rather than just a hike. Not on this day. Tough for me to run this route in ideal situations. With dead legs, it wasn't happening. Ran a few sections here and there, but hiked most of the route today. Sat on top with the sun warming my back for a bit. Awesome! Started down and the legs weren't liking that either. Or so I thought. I guess I was going faster/harder than I thought I was given my descent time, but it didn't feel particularly fast. Just didn't feel smooth. Felt like I was just pounding my quads rather than running smoothly.
Still feeling the left and right achilles a bit. Dull ache mostly. Haven't been icing.
0:00 - Gregory TH
20:15 - Gregory/Ranger
46:30 - Ranger/West Ridge
51:13 - Green summit
56:04 - started down
1:16:42 - Gregory TH
StreakOrangeB
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment