From South Mesa TH, Mesa, Homestead, Towhee, Shadow, South Boulder; over to Bear; down the same.
Started at 3:21 pm. With Jeff V. Casual start as Sierra was a bit slow out of the blocks. Not having run in several weeks, I pushed pretty hard up the steep lower section of Homestead, as I didn't want to make Jeff walk just minutes into the run. Above that, eased off the effort so that I could be conversational. Actually felt pretty good. Trails were pretty much snow and ice from Towhee on, but we didn't use Microspikes on the ascent up South Boulder. Quite pleased with my time up South Boulder given a lost minute or so at the start for Sierra, the slightly longer route up Homestead, less than ideal traction, and chatting most of the way up.
Put (dull) Microspikes on atop South Boulder and descended slowly to the saddle and over to Bear. Took it pretty easy on the descent as Sierra was "dogging it" a bit, and I knew my quads were going to be sore from this, so no need to go too hard.
0:00 - South Mesa TH
17:14 - Towhee/Shadow
(dup) - Shadow/"Bridge"
55:32 - top of Shadow
1:03:06 - South Boulder
1:06:21 - started down
1:17:50 - Bear
2:02:37 - South Mesa TH
Crosslite2.0
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment