Wednesday, October 19, 2011

First Flatiron

From Chautauqua, up to the First, started with the Fandango start, then onto Baker's Way and the North Arete to the summit, rapped off, then back to Chautauqua.

Started at 6:12 pm. Got a late pass from Lori to get out, so I missed the First Flatiron stage of the Tour de Flatirons. I wouldn't have done the official route anyway but would've probably done this alternate route. Anyway, I saw the first handful of scramblers finish, then headed up.

Didn't push too hard on the approach. Passed the remaining scramblers as they ran down toward Chautauqua. Stepped onto the First at an easy spot, well below the start of Baker's Way. Pretty sure this is the start of Fandango, or at least meets the start of Fandango. Veered onto Baker's Way, then up to the North Arete. The daylight was getting dim here, so I climbed cautiously.

At the summit, put on my headlamp and rapped off. Then jogged slowly back to Chautauqua.

0:00 - Chautauqua
21:31 - stepping onto the First
36:07 - top of the First
47:04 - on the ground, starting down
1:05:18 - Chautauqua

Superfly

No comments:

Post a Comment