Saturday, December 18, 2010

Green x 2

From Gregory TH, Amph, Saddle Rock, Greenman, Green; down the same. Repeat.

Started at 9:31 am. A bit of fresh snow. Think I wanted to go hard on the first lap, but it didn't really happen. Then just felt awful on the second lap.

Ran into Kraig K just above the Greenman junction on my second lap, as he was heading down from his 100th summit of Green for the year. Stopped to chat with him for probably close to five minutes. Good to catch up with him. Sucks that he had such a rough year health-wise. Hope to see him getting after it again next year.

Coming down on my first lap, I'd passed Fabio S, who was heading up with his daughter. I didn't recognize him, but he recognized me from some trip reports (and maybe from past interactions on SummitPost). They were coming down as I continued on my second lap, and he introduced himself. We chatted for a few minutes. Was cool to meet him. I'd enjoyed much of his stuff on SP, but I haven't been on there much lately. I continued on to the summit, then hiked with them for a few more minutes after I caught them on the descent, chatting about a few adventures. Fun stuff!

0:00 - Gregory TH
8:40 - Amph/Saddle Rock
25:21 - Saddle Rock/Greenman
47:32 - Green summit
48:46 - started down
1:15:49 - Gregory TH
1:16:06 - Gregory TH
1:28:58 (12:52) - Amph/Saddle Rock
2:20:11 (1:04:05) - Green summit
2:22:49 (1:06:43) - started down
2:53:00 (1:36:54) - Gregory TH

StreakOrangeC

No comments:

Post a Comment