Down Bristol, Indiana, bike path, Coalton TH, Coalton, High Plains, Greenbelt Plateau TH, across 93, Flatirons Vista North, Doudy Draw, Doudy Draw TH, South Mesa TH, Mesa, Towhee, Shadow, South Boulder; over to Bear; down Bear West Ridge, Green-Bear, Green West Ridge, Green; down Green West Ridge, Ranger, Realization Point TH, Ute, off trail to Flagstaff summit; back the same.
Started at 4:33 am. Started out walking and eating a burrito. Walked to the Coalton TH, where I started running. Ran without a light to High Plains, then used my Tikka on my wrist for High Plains, then off until the downhill on Doudy Draw, off for good at the bottom of that, I think. Wore Microspikes over the peaks (except Flagstaff), putting them on near the top of Shadow (could've used them earlier, but I didn't want to stop). Felt like I climbed and descended well all day. Even ran up the steep climb on Doudy Draw. Really didn't start feeling trashed until High Plains where I walked quite a bit.
Very, very windy day. Fortunately, not until I got to South Mesa in the morning, though. Mostly not a problem since I was in the trees much of the day. From South Mesa to home, it was a pretty nice tailwind.
Ran into Bill W and Mark O a few minutes from the top of Shadow. Tony K as I headed down the West Ridge of Green. Kraig K as I hit Flagstaff Rd - he turned and hiked/chatted with me for a couple of minutes. Tony K again (on his second of four laps up Green) as I headed down the West Ridge of Green the second time. Max N on Green-Bear.
Ate 3 packages of Clif Shot Bloks, 3 Gus, 2 Ensures, 2 cups of peaches, about half of a 2-oz bag of salted peanuts, 10 S-Caps. Carried but didn't eat 1 package of Clif Shot Bloks, 3 Gus, about 3 oz of salted peanuts, 2 Quaker Chewy granola bars. Started with 2 20-oz bottles. Filled up 4 during the run. Didn't drink much of the last one. So, drank about 105 oz of water.
Some chafing on Coalton near the end. Would've been good to have had some BodyGlide or Vaseline.
9250 up (+31), 9380 down (-46), 10 laps, 9:12 - probably wind-affected a bit
0:00 - home
9:45 - Coalton TH
23:25 - gate atop the climb
28:32 - turn south
34:10 - last power pole
42:52 - Coalton/High Plains
1:10:38 - High Plains/Greenbelt Plateau
1:51:48 - South Mesa TH (split at concrete bridge, then stopped for water)
2:13:38 - Towhee/Shadow
2:24:05 - Shadow/Bridge
2:57:56 - top of Shadow
3:06:09 - South Boulder
3:19:00 - Bear
3:46:04 - Bear West Ridge/Green-Bear (stopped for water after this)
4:12:30 - Green
(dup) - Flagstaff (this was around 4:38, I think)
5:22:57 - Green
5:40:33 - Green-Bear/Bear West Ridge (stopped for water before this)
6:20:18 - Bear
6:34:27 - South Boulder
7:24:33 - South Mesa TH (stopped for water before this)
8:07:24 - Greenbelt Plateau/High Plains
8:38:45 - High Plains/Coalton
9:10:41 - home
StreakOrangeB
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment